Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1821: The Turkish army puts an end to the Greeks' revolt in Chalkidiki.
- 1908: The first electric trams appear making their runs at Acharnon Street in Athens.
- 1912: The Battle of Pente Pigadia ends in victory for the Greek Army.
- 1927: Failed assassination attempt against Pavlos Kountouriotis, President of the Hellenic Republic
- 1930: The Greco-Turkish Friendship Convention (also known as the Treaty of Ankara) is signed.
- 1940: Pilot Officer Evangelos Yiannaris becomes the first Greek officer to be killed during World War II.
- 1944: Thessaloniki is liberated from the German World War II occupying forces
- 1996: Panagiotis Giannakis debuts on the bench of the National Basketball Team of Greece, in a game against Israel.