- April 7: Italian troops occupy Filiates in Thesprotia prefecture, Epirus.
- April 22: During World War I, Capt. Georgios Kondilis and his men occupy hill Chemin de Fer south of Idomene, Macedonia and repel attacks by the Bulgarians.
- June 11: King Constantine I leaves Greece, exiled by his political opponents.
- June 12: Prince Alexander becomes King of Greece.
- June 21: Italian soldiers occupy Ioannina.
- June 29: Greece officially enters World War I.
- June 29: Eleftherios Venizelos declares King Constantine's abolition of the 1915 Hellenic Parliament unconstitutional. He controversially "resurrects" the 1915 Parliament which goes down in history as "The Parliament of the Lazaroi".
- August 5: The city centre of Thessaloniki is destroyed by a fire. 74,000 persons are rendered homeless.
- September 1: Italian troops leave the positions they had occupied in southern Epirus but remain in Northern Epirus.
- June 13: Phaedon Gizikis, Junta-appointed President of Greece.
- June 15: Michalis Genitsaris, rebetiko singer