- 1184 BC: According to Eratosthenes, Troy falls to the Greeks
- 1821: Agrinio is liberated during the Greek War of Independence.
- 1895: Theodoros Deligiannis forms a government.
- 1917: King Constantine I leaves Greece, exiled by his political opponents.
- 1963: Constantine Karamanlis resigned the premiership after a disagreement with King Paul of Greece
- 1975: The Constitution of Greece is ratified.
- 1980: Greece participate for the first time in the final phase of a major football tournament. They lose 1-0 to Holland in their opening match of Euro 1980, after East German referee Prokop inexplicably awards the Dutch a penalty when forward Naninga charges and injures Greek keeper Vasilis Konstantinou.
- 2005: Aphrodite Skafida sets a new Greek record in the women's pole vault with a jume of 4.48m.
- 1895: Iakovos III, Archbishop of Athens and all Greece.
- 1953: Giorgos Orfanos, politician
- 1959: Pantelis Thalassinos, singer, songwriter
- 1974: Frangiskos Alvertis, basketball player.