Jump to navigation Jump to search
- January 7: The Gymnasium of Panellinios Gymnastic Club is dedicated in Athens.
- January 13: First session of the Olympic Games Organizing Committee, presided by Prince Constantine (Ioannis Fokianos, vice president). One of the main issues is fund raising. George Averoff offers the biggest donation, 920.000 golden drachmas, for the restoration of Panathinaikon Stadium.
- January 24: Nikolaos Deligiannis forms a government.
- February 20: First action taken towards the formation of an athletic federation. Panachaikos GS, GE Patra, Panellinios GS, Ethnikos GS and Panetolikos agree to setting up a union.
- Christos Charidimos, Karagiozis artist
- Evripidis Bakirtzis, Prime Minister of the "free areas of Greece" during the Axis occupation.