- 1822: During the Greek War of Independence, a Greek flotilla under Andreas Miaoulis defeats a Turkish one under Karapepe Ali at Patra Bay.
- 1827: The National Assembly at Troezen elect Ioannis Kapodistrias as first Governor of Greece.
- 1905: Theodoros Deligiannis triumphs in the Greek national elections, winning 142 seats (of 235) in the Hellenic Parliament.
- 1913: The Battle of Bizani in the First Balkan War ends in Greek victory. Greek casualties number 812 dead and 1,500 wounded.
- 1946: Sophocles Venizelos founds the Venizelist Liberal Party.
- 1946: Maximus V is elected Patriarch of Constantinople.
- 2006: A military helicopter (a multi-purpose Bell Iroquois UH-1H Huey dating back to 1969), went down in Melissi, Giannitsa, during a night training flight, killing all four army staff on board.
- 1895: First action taken towards the formation of an athletic federation. Panachaikos GS, GE Patra, Panellinios GS, Ethnikos GS and Panetolikos agree to setting up a union.
- 1927: 16 year-old Leonidas Andrianopoulos scores in a friendly match between Olympiakos and Falirikos Sindesmos (6-2). His brothers Dinos, Vassilis and Giorgos score the rest. The Andrianopoulos brothers became synonymous with Olympiakos. The eldest, Yiannis, established the club colours (red and white). In the same period (1926-32) Panathinaikos featured the Bogdanos brothers (Dimitris, Dimosthenis and Tassos)
- 1930: The Greek Climbing Federation is founded.
- 1972: Giorgos Sideris plays his last game in the Alpha Ethniki (Olympiakos-Panathinaikos 0-0)
- 1988: At the first Indoors Meeting Athina, held in Peace and Friendship Stadium, Niki Bakogianni sets new Greek record in high jump with 1.87m. Long jumper Kostas Koukodimos runs the 60m race in 6.85!
- 2000: Nikos Kaklamanakis wins the gold medal in Mistral World Championships at Mar del Plata, Argentina overcoming Aaron McIntosh of N.Zealand and Argentinian Carlos Espinola.
- 2002: For the first time in Greek volleyball history two teams, Olympiakos and Iraklis, qualify for the Champions League final four.
- 2010: Olympiakos win the Greek Basketball Cup defeating Panathinaikos 68-64. This snapped an 8-year Cup-winning streak by the Greens.
- 2015: Nikoletta Kyriakopoulou breaks the Greek indoor record in the pole vault, with 4.76m, in Stockholm, Sweden.