Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1943: German occupation forces execute 133 persons at Drakia, Thessaly.
- 1956: Evagoras Pallikaridis is arrested in Cyprus by the British.
- 1974: Michail Stasinopoulos is appointed president of Greece after the resignation of Gen. Phaedon Gizikis.
- 2011: Municipal elections are held in Cyprus. The results show a marked shift towards opposition party, Democratic Rally (DISY) with 26 out of the 38 candidates supported by DISY being elected compared to just nine candidates supported by ruling party AKEL. Konstantinos Georkadjis is elected Mayor of Lefkosia, unseating incumbent Eleni Mavrou, with a landslide 57% of the vote.
- 1974: Greece break a 40 year-old tradition by defeating Bulgaria 2-1 at Karaiskaki Stadium (Sarafis, Antoniadis)