- 843: Methodius becomes Patriarch of Constantinople.
- 1937: Social Security (IKA) is established in Greece.
- 1956: 17-year old EOKA fighter, Giorgos Charalambous, is killed in Limassol.
- 1964: The UN authorises a force "UNFICYP" to be sent to Cyprus.
- 1964: Armenians are evicted from the Turkish sector of Nicosia. A total of 231 previously Armenian houses are taken over by Turkish-Cypriots.
- 1972: The US resumes economic and military aid to the Military regime of Greece.
- 2013: Former Minister Akis Tsochatzopoulos is sentenced to eight years in jail and a €520,000 fine for failure to disclose certain assets during his term as MP.
- 1972: Greece defeat Italy 2-1 in a friendly at Karaiskaki Stadium. Antonis Antoniadis and Spyros Pomonis score the Greek goals.
- 2009: Panserraikos stun Panathinaikos 3-2 in Athens and eliminate them from the Greek Football Cup.