- 1822: The Ottoman fleet is repelled by local forces at Spetses.
- 1907: Panepistimiou Street in Athens is paved.
- 1944: Lela Karayianni, leader of the "Bouboulina" resistance movement, is executed by the Germans.
- 1960: Crown Prince Constantine wins gold at the Rome Olympiad in Dragon class sailing. His crew consisted of Odysseus Eskitzoglou and Giorgos Zaimis.
- 1972: Elias Hadjipavlis wins silver at the Munich Olympiad in Finn class sailing.
- 2017: Nikos Galis is inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.