- 1834: Athens is named as the new capital of Greece, replacing Nafplion.
- 1906: Alexandros Zaimis arrives in Crete to take over as High Commissioner.
- 1912: Greece mobilises in preparation for the First Balkan War.
- 1964: King Constantine II of Greece weds Princess Anna Maria of Denmark.
- 1963: Olympiakos defeat Levski Sofia 1-0 in Istanbul and are crowned Champions of the Balkans. Centre back Mimis Stefanakos headed home the winning goal in the 87th minute.
- 1963: AEK play their first match in Europe - a 7-2 loss to AS Monaco (78' Nestoridis, 80' Tasinos).
- 1980: Kleanthis Ierissiotis breaks the Greek record in the Hammer throw with 73.00m.
- 1991: Athinaikos draw 0-0 with Manchester United for the Cup Winners' Cup.
- 2002: Olympiakos thrash Bayer Leverkusen 6-2 in a Champions' League game. Predrag Djordjevic scores three goals.
- 2009: The Ministry for the Environment, Physical Planning and Public Works issues a permit to Panathinaikos to build a new stadium at Votanikos, Athens.