Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1927: The government announces for the first time for Greece that measures will be taken against communist activities.
- 1963: Aristides Pangratidis is arrested for attemped rape of a minor. He will later be convicted as the serial killer "the ogre of Seikh Sou" and sentenced to death.
- 1965: Ecumenical Patriarch Athenagoras and Pope Paul VI agreed to a revocation of the mutual excommunication decrees of 1054; this historic event was accomplished through simultaneous services in St. Peter's Basilica in Rome and the patriarchal church in Constantinople.
- 1974: Archbishop Makarios III returns to Cyprus for the first time since the July 15 coup d'etat that overthrew him.
- 1987: The Athens Stock Exchange General Index drops 15.3% - an all-time record.
- 1930: The first international victory for the Greek National Football Team. They prevail 6-1 over Bulgaria in a game for the Balkan Cup held in Leoforos Alexandras. Tsolinas scores four (4', 50', 51', 60') goals and Messaris two (10', 15'). Both were playing for Panathinaikos FC
- 1975: Vassilis Hadjipanagis plays his first game in Greece for Iraklis against Atromitos Athens (1-1). The game was held at the National Stadium of Veria.
- 1948: Lakis Papadopoulos (Λάκης με τα ψηλά ρεβέρ), musician, songwriter
- 1974: Panagiotis Liadelis, basketball player