- 1915: The government of Eleftherios Venizelos declares general mobilisation throughout Greece.
- 1925: The first constitution of the Greek Republic is published and immediately goes into effect.
- 2009: The second phase of the formal direct negotiations, between President Dimitris Christofias and Turkish Cypriot leader Mehmet Ali Talat, begin in Cyprus with the aim of re-unifying the divided island.
- 2017: A 45-year old oil tanker named Agia Zoni, sinks off Salamis island causing an oil spill along the Attica shore.
- 1972: Petros Galaktopoulos wins silver at the Munich Olympiad in Greco-Roman wrestling.
- 2006: Periklis Iakovakis wins the Men's 400m hurdles at the IAAF World Athletics Final in Stuttgart, southern Germany