Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1858: By decree from the High Porte, Cretans are given the right to bear arms and elect their eldermen
- 1939: Ioannis Drosopoulos is approved as governor of the Bank of Greece
- 1979: Bank employees strike across Greece.
- 1980: Unidentified bombers destroy mega-stores Lampropoulos in Piraeus and Dragonas in Athens.
- 1994: The Greek government launches a formal protest against the decision of the Albanian Parliament to commemorate the "genocide" of the Albanian minority in Northern Greece.
- 1936: Nikos Xylouris, Cretan singer
- 1941: Georgios Souflias, politician
- 1962: Kostas Mavridis, footballer
- 1979: Tasos Gousis, athlete (200m, 400m)