Jump to navigation Jump to search
- February 21: Old Corinth is destroyed by a major earthquake. The city will be rebuilt closer to the sea.
- The Mavrogenis Revolt takes place in Crete
- July 7: By decree from the High Porte, Cretans are given the right to bear arms and elect their eldermen
- A new movable wooden bridge is built in Chalkida connecting Euboea to Central Greece
- The Greek Evangelical Church is founded
- Date Unknown: Ioulia Dragoumi, writer.
- Date Unknown: Georgios Kountouriotis