Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1916: The HMS Britannic sinks off the coast of Kea.
- 1951: It is announced that the Prime Minister, general Nikolaos Plastiras, is seriously ill. Vice President Sophoklis Venizelos returns urgently from his official visit to the United States.
- 1954: The first round of the 1954 municipal elections is held throughout Greece. Gen Pausanias Katsotas is elected in Athens, Dimitrios Sapounakis in Piraeus.
- 1970: On their way to Wembley, Panathinaikos defeat Slovan Bratislava 3-0 in Athens.
- 1995: A great day for Greece in the World Weightlifting championship games of China: Pyrros Dimas wins 2 gold medals and sets a world record, Kakhi Kakhiasvili wins 2 gold medals and sets 3 Greek records, Valerios Leonidis wins 3 silver medals.
- 2015: The derby between Panathinaikos and Olympiakos is called off, 30 minutes after the scheduled kick-off, following violent scenes with flares being thrown onto the pitch and fans battling police outside the stadium.