- 1886: Joachim IV steps down as Patriarch of Constantinople.
- 1920: Eleftherios Venizelos loses the general elections to Dimitrios Gounaris.
- 1926: The Hellenic Football Federation (EPO) is founded by the local associations of Athens, Piraeus and Macedonia.
- 1966: The "Aspida" trial commences in Athens.
- 2010: The second round of local elections is held throughout Greece. Giorgos Kaminis is elected mayor of Athens, Yiannis Boutaris prevails in Thessaloniki while Vasilis Michaloliakos is elected in Piraeus. 54% of the electorate stays away from the polls setting a negative record for the post-1974 era.
- 1993: Thomas Mavros plays his last game, held in his honour, between AEK and the National Football Team of Greece. Mavros scored 3 goals, playing one half for AEK and one half for Greece.
- 2014: Greece suffer a humiliating 0-1 home loss to the Faroe Islands in the qualifying games of Euro 2016.
- 1934: Andreas Panagidis, EOKA fighter.
- 1935: Lefteris Papadopoulos, songwriter.
- 1952: Dimitra Galani, singer
- 1954: Yanni, new age composer