Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1667: Clement is removed from the office of Patriarch of Constantinople.
- 1831: Georgios Mavromichalis is executed for the murder of Governor Ioannis Kapodistrias
- 1918: The first labor conference in Greece takes place at the Vassiliko Theater of Athens.
- 1929: A scandal breaks out when it is discovered that Greek firms had purchased poor-quality flour and sold it at top-quality prices.
- 1931: Thousands of Cypriots march on the governor's mansion in Lefkosia and set it afire.
- 1952: Speaking at a meeting of the Communist Party of the USSR, Nikolaos Zachariadis proclaims that "Papagos and Plastiras are no different. All dogs are the same".
- 1953: Alexandra Ladikou is voted Miss World first runner-up.
- 1972: An Olympic Airways NIHON YS-11 crashes off the coast of Voula, Athens. 37 passengers and crew (36 passengers and 1 crew member) drown, while 16 passengers and 3 crew members are rescued.
- 1981: Andreas Papandreou is sworn in as Prime Minister of Greece.
- 2018: Stefanos Tsitsipas wins his first ATP-title beating Ernests Gulbis from Latvia 6-4, 6-4 in Stockholm.