Jump to navigation Jump to search
- June 17: The first Greek paper currency is put into circulation.
- October 9: Ioannis Kapodistrias is assassinated outside St Spyridon church in Nafplio.
- October 21: Georgios Mavromichalis is executed for the murder of Governor Ioannis Kapodistrias
- October 9: Ioannis Kapodistrias, first governor of Greece
- October 9: Konstantinos Mavromichalis, assassin of Kapodistrias (lynched)
- October 21: Georgios Mavromichalis, assassin of Kapodistrias (executed)
- Yiannis Dyovouniotis, revolutionary.