Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1892: King George I dismisses Theodoros Deligiannis eventhough the latter commands the majority of seats in the Hellenic Parliament.
- 1944: Greek resistance movements EDES, EAM and EKKA sign a cooperation pact at Plaka, Epirus.
- 1956: Lina Tsaldari becomes the first woman Cabinet member. She is the widow of former PM Panagis Tsaldaris.
- 1952: Greece, thanks to a Giorgos Darivas hat trick, defeat Turkey 3-1 at Leoforos Alexandras Stadium.
- 1992: Olympiakos win second place in European volleyball after losing 3-0 sets to Messaggero Ravenna. The final game was played at the Peace and Friendship Stadium before 20,000 spectators - a European record.
- 1992: Nikos Galis breaks Vasilis Goumas' all-time record of 11,030 points in the encounter between Aris and Pangrati BC.
- 2004: Aris defeat Olympiakos 73-70 to win the Greek basketball Cup for a record eighth time. The match lasted four hours as the referees demanded that all fans leave the stadium ten minutes from time.