- 1904: The "Macedonian Committee" is founded in Athens.
- 1944: The village of Saktouria in Rethymno prefecture, Crete, is totally destroyed by German occupation troops.
- 1944: The village of Margarikari in Heraklio prefecture, Crete, is totally destroyed by German occupation troops.
- 1972: A strong earthquake (6.5 on the Richter scale) strikes the island of Crete.
- 1990: Constantine Karamanlis is elected President of Greece.
- 2001: Pope John Paul II visits Greece. The visit is the first by a Pope to Greece since the Great Schism.
- 2015: A 27-year old Bulgarian national is arrested for the hideous murder of his 4-year old daughter, Anny Borisova, in Athens.
- 1952: Rigas Efsthathiadis breaks the Greeks record in the pole vault with 4.055m.
- 1971: Giorgos Kolokithas says “goodbye” to the national basketball team by scoring 35 points in the win (111-72) against Scotland for the semi final phase of the World Championships in Les Mans. Within a decade (1962-1971), he scored 1807 points in 90 games.
- 1950: Anghel Iordanescu, footballer and one-time coach of the Greek National Football Team.
- 1958: Antonis Minou, footballer.
- 1978: Igor Biscan, Panathinaikos footballer.