Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 585 BC: Thales records the first documented eclipse of the sun.
- 1453: Emperor Constantine XI Palaeologus and much of the population of Constantinople attend the last services held at Hagia Sophia.
- 1952: The Greek Parliament votes to grant women equal political rights.
- 1956: Greek Foreign Minister, Spyros Theotokis, is forced to resign over the Cyprus matter.
- 1963: Hundreds of thousands attend the funeral of murdered MP Grigoris Lambrakis.
- 1979: PM Constantine Karamanlis signs, on behalf of Greece, the country's entry into the European Union.
- 2012: Diomedes Argos win the European Handball Federation Challenge Cup despite losing 22-20 to Wacker Thun, as the first match was 26-23 in favour of the Greek team.