Jump to navigation Jump to search
- February 6: By royal decree, the Theseum - which had been operating as the Church of St George - becomes a museum.
- June 13: King Otto starts to rule in fact, as well as in name, as the rule of his three Bavarian advisers comes to an end.
- November 25: King Ludwig of Bavaria (father of King Otto) visits Athens.
- December 23: Kyriakos Serfiotis is sworn in as the first mayor of Piraeus.
- June 24: Andreas Miaoulis, Greek revolutionary.
- November 6: Henri de Rigny, French admiral at the Battle of Navarino