- 1825: Theodoros Kolokotronis is imprisoned by the revolutionary government during the Greek War of Independence.
- 1835: By royal decree, the Theseum - which had been operating as the Church of St George - becomes a museum.
- 1930: Aliki Diplarakou wins the Miss Europe beauty pageant.
- 1949: The Communist Party of Greece (KKE) purges many high officials among them Markos Vafiadis.
- 1982: The Greek Ministry of Education abolishes the blue aprons that primary school pupils were forced to wear.
- 1972: Giorgos Sideris scores his last two goals in the Alpha Ethniki (Olympiakos-Panachaiki 3-2) in his first match since his return from Belgium.
- 1995: Voula Patoulidou breaks the Greek women's long jump record with 6.56m.
- 891: Patriarch Photius, who was a layman just one week prior to his enthronement as Patriarch of Constantinople (he was ordained deacon, priest and Patriarch within a week)
- 1689: Gerasimus II, Patriarch of Constantinople.
- 1981: The former Queen Frederika of Greece
- 1993: Koula Arsenidou, singer
- 2007: Alekos Papadopoulos, football player and coach.