Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1844: King Otto takes an oath of allegiance to the new constitution of Greece which is published in the Government's Annals.
- 1863: The Second National Assembly of Greece offers the throne to Prince Christian William Ferdinand Adolph George of Denmark.
- 1913: King George I is assassinated in Thessaloniki by Alexandros Schinas.Crown Prince Constantine ascends to the throne.
- 1926: A powerful earthquake (6.9 on the Richter scale) strikes Kastellorizo and the surrounding area.
- 2001: The 27th census takes place throughout Greece.