Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1960: Sophoklis Venizelos calls for the legalisation of the Communist Party of Greece.
- 1980: Constantine Karamanlis is elected President of Greece.
- 1995: For the first time in 22 years, inflation falls below the 10% mark in Greece.
- 2010: Greece is paralysed by a general strike as workers protest the austerity measures proposed by PM Papandreou to combat the national debt. Three persons are killed as the protesters turn violent and burn buildings.
- 2002: Panathinaikos defeat Kinder Bologna 89-83 to win their third Euroleague title.
- 2007: Larissa beat Panathinaikos 2-1 in the Greek Cup final, winning their first Greek Cup since 1986.
- 2012: AE Limassol defeat Anorthosis Famagusta 1-0 and clinch their first Cypriot championship since 1968.