Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1822: Kutahye pasha enters Vrachori and burns it to the ground.
- 1990: Antonis Tritsis defeats actress-activist Melina Mercouri and is elected Mayor of Athens. Tritsis received 50.15% of the vote against Mercouri's 45.94%.
- 1992: Forest fires break out in Chania prefecture, Crete.
- 2004: Two F-16 aircraft of the Hellenic Airforce crash on Pelion mountains in thick fog.
- 2010: Cypriot President, Dimitris Christofias, and Turkish-Cypriot leader, Dervis Eroglu, attend a ceremony opening the Limnitis crossing point in NW Cyprus.
- 2020: An Athens court sentences the top leaders of the Golden Dawn party - including Nikos Michaloliakos and Elias Kasidiaris - to 13 years imprisonment for running a criminal organisation.
- 2009: Greece qualify for the playoffs, in their World Cup 2010 campaign, by defeating Luxembourg 2-1.