Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1866: Cretans, under Col. P. Koroneos, defeat the Turkish army at Agios Myron, Heraklion.
- 1904: Pavlos Melas is killed during the Macedonian Struggle in Statista.
- 1995: Greece lifts the embargo imposed against FYROM.
- 1996: Cypriot Petros Kakkoulis is shot dead by Turkish occupation troops as he was gathering snails near Achna.
- 1935: Panagiotis Chlentzos breaks the Greek record in the pole vault with 4.015m. His record stood until 1950.
- 1968: Olympiakos play against AEK in a game where all the proceeds were given for the benefit of cancer-stricken Olympiakos striker Aristides Papazoglou.