Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 363: Emperor Julian the Apostate is slain during the battle of Ctesiphon. His last words allegedly were: "Thou hast defeated me, Nazarene!"
- 404: Arsacius of Tarsus replaces John Chrysostom as Patriach of Constantinople.
- 1768: Nearly 500 Greeks arrive in Florida to colonise New Smyrna.
- 1836: Ioannis Zaimis is appointed first Mayor of Patra by King Otto.
- 1926: A major earthquake (7.6 on the Richter scale) destroys much of Rhodes.
- 1932: Large scale protests take place in Athens and Piraeus over electric power rate changes.
- 1996: Thousands attend the funeral of former PM Andreas Papandreou in Athens.
- 1932: ASI Lysi FC was founded in Cyprus
- 1977: Stelios Agloupas becomes the first Greek discus thrower to break the 60m barrier (60.08m).
- 1989: In Zagreb, Greece lose the final of Eurobasket 1989 to Yugoslavia 98-77.
- 1938: Christos Archontidis, football coach
- 116 BC: Ptolemy VIII Hellenistic King of Egypt
- 2019: Babis Cholidis, wrestler