- 1832: Augustinos Kapodistrias is named Governor of Greece to serve until the arrival of the new King.
- 1838: By Royal decree, March 25th becomes a national holiday in Greece.
- 1882: Charilaos Trikoupis forms a government.
- 1905: Cretan revolutionaries declare Union ("Enosis") with Greece.
- 1926: Pavlos Kountouriotis resigns the Presidency of Greece to protest the excesses of the Theodoros Pangalos regime.
- 1973: A large quantity of weapons and ammunition is stolen, by armed men, from a Police station in Lemesos, Cyprus. EOKA B' is blamed.
- 1989: Menios Koutsogiorgas resigns from the PASOK government in the aftermath of the Bank of Crete scandal.
- 1995: The Revolutionary Organization 17 November launch a rocket attack against the TV studios of MEGA during the evening news broadcast. There is property damage but no casualties.
- 2007: Russia, Bulgaria and Greece signed a tripartite inter-state agreement in Athens, opening the way for the construction of the Burgas-Alexandroupolis pipeline, connecting the western Black Sea with the Mediterranean.