- March 15: Augustinos Kapodistrias is named Governor of Greece to serve until the arrival of the new King.
- March 28: Augustinos Kapodistrias is forced to resign from his post as Governor of Greece.
- July 9: The Treaty of London is signed.
- July 27: THe Fourth National Council approves the election of Otto of Bavaria as King of Greece.
- December 10: the island of Samos was granted autonomous status within the Ottoman Empire, guaranteed by Britain, France and Russia. A Turkish military force remained garrisoned on the island. The island governor, a Greek Christian, was to be appointed by the High Porte.