Jump to navigation Jump to search
- February 13: Britain, France and Russia offer the throne of Greece to Prince Otto of Bavaria.
- March 15: Augustinos Kapodistrias is named Governor of Greece to serve until the arrival of the new King.
- March 28: Augustinos Kapodistrias is forced to resign from his post as Governor of Greece.
- July 9: The Treaty of London is signed.
- July 27: THe Fourth National Council approves the election of Otto of Bavaria as King of Greece.
- December 10: the island of Samos was granted autonomous status within the Ottoman Empire, guaranteed by Britain, France and Russia. A Turkish military force remained garrisoned on the island. The island governor, a Greek Christian, was to be appointed by the High Porte.
- July 11: Charilaos Trikoupis, statesman
- January 3: Dimitrios Ypsilantis, revolutionary.