Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 956: Polyeuctus is ordained Patriarch of Constantinople.
- 1821: Spetses joins the Greek War of Independence.
- 1883: A powerful earthquake (6.8 on the Richter scale) strikes Chios. 3,600 persons are killed.
- 1949: Israel and Jordan agree to a cessation of hostilities on the island of Rhodes.
- 1949: Mitsos Partsalidis replaces Nikolaos Zachariadis as head of the "Provisional Democratic Government".
- 1997: The Greek Consulate in Argyrokastro is attacked by armed men.
- 1993: Panathinaikos defeat Ajax 1-0 in Amsterdam in the first leg of the Champions' League semi-finals.
- 1997: Aris defeat Tofas Bursa 88-70 to lift the Corac Cup.
- 1770: Theodoros Kolokotronis, general during the Greek Revolution
- 1912: Grigoris Lambrakis, politician
- 1926: Alex Grammas, Greek-American baseball player and coach
- 1990: Sotiris Ninis, footballer