Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1866: The holocaust of Arkadi takes place.
- 1871: Thrasivoulos Zaimis forms a government.
- 1931: A Greek monk discovers the icon of Panagia of Sumela in Trapezus, Asia Minor.
- 1940: After the complete failure of the invasion of Greece by the Italian military, Mussolini replaces General Prasca with General Ubaldo Soddu, his former Vice-Minister of War.
- 1995: Greek police disarm and arrest an Ethiopian who had hijacked an Olympic Airlines airplane, just before takeoff, and was holding a stewardess hostage.
- 1855: Alexandros Zaimis, Prime Minister
- 1918: Spiro Agnew, Greek-American Vice-President of the United States.
- 1935: Mary Linda, singer
- 1973: Zisis Vryzas, footballer
- 959: Constantine VII "Porfyrogenitos", Byzantine emperor.
- 1866: Abbot Gabriel Marinakis, at Arkadi monastery.
- 1866: Konstantinos Giaboudakis, at Arkadi monastery.