Jump to navigation Jump to search
- February 21: Aristides Moraitinis forms a government.
- February 24: Zinovios Valvis forms a government.
- March 18: The Second National Assembly of Greece offers the throne to Prince Christian William Ferdinand Adolph George of Denmark.
- April 9: Diomedes Kiriakos forms a government.
- May 10: Benizelos Rouphos forms a government.
- June 18: The "June Events" take place in Athens between opposing political factions ("Mountain Men" and "Plains Men"). 200 will die as a result of these clashes.
- July 1: France, Britain and Russia sign an agreement with Denmark concerning the election of Prince George as King of Greece.
- July 9: Reform-minded clergymen and laics have Ecumenical Patriarch Joachim II removed from office.
- September 23: The Parliament of the Ionian Islands votes for Union with Greece.
- October 17: Prince George of Denmark arrives in Piraeus. He will reign on the throne of Greece for the next 50 years.
- October 19: Prince George of Denmark is sworn in as King of Greece.
- November 6: Dimitrios Voulgaris forms a government.
- March 8: Georgios Christakis-Zografos, head of the provisional government of Northern Epirus.
- May 5: Christoforos Perraivos, Greek War of Independence fighter