Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1823: The temporary Constitution of Epidaurus is revised by the Second National Assembly, which convenes in Astros of Kynouria.
- 1924: In a referendum, 70% of the Greek people vote to abolish the monarchy.
- 1924: After a marathon meeting, refugees from Constantinople create a new football club - AEK.
- 1936: PM Konstantinos Demertzis dies in office. He is replaced by Gen. Ioannis Metaxas.
- 1949: The Polk trial starts in Thessaloniki, Greece. Polk was an American journalist mysteriously murdered during the Greek Civil War.
- 1970: Composer and left-wing politician, Mikis Theodorakis, is allowed by the Junta to leave Greece.
- 1992: Prime Minister Constantine Mitsotakis dismisses Antonis Samaras and takes his place as Foreign Minister.
- 1996: Long distance runner, Yiannis Kouros runs 293.7 km in 24 hours.
- 2003: A truck crashes into a school bus near the vale of Tempe. 21 students die and over 30 are injured in this accident.