Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 648 BC: The ancient Greeks record an eclipse of the sun for the first time.
- 1870: Greek soldiers attack the Arvanitakis gang. Four British and Italian hostages, held by the gang, are killed. This event goes down in history as the Massacre at Dilesi.
- 1896: Commencement of the first modern Olympic Games. By the Julian calendar, the games commenced on March 25 - the national holiday of Greece - as a symbolic gesture.
- 1941: During World War II, Greek PM Alexandros Korizis personally rejects a German demand for unconditional surrender.
- 1985: The Greek Parliament accepts the proposal of the PASOK government to amend the constitution.