Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1934: A communist - Mitsos Partsalidis - is elected mayor of a major Greek city (Kavala) for the first time in history.
- 1959: The Treaty of Zurich is signed granting independence to Cyprus.
- 1966: The trial of Aristides Pangratidis, alleged "ogre of Seikh Sou", begins.
- 1971: Evidence of petroleum off the coast of Thasos appears.
- 2001: OFI goalkeeper, Arian Beqaj, scores with a header, 5 minutes into injury time, in the OFI - Paniliakos 2-2 game. It marks the first time a goalkeeper has scored with a header in Greece.
- 1776: Ioannis Kapodistrias, first Governor of Greece.
- 1791: Alexandros Mavrokordatos, statesman
- 1965: Stelios Rokkos, singer
- 1969: Jennifer Aniston, Greek-American actress.
- 1977: Yiannis Okkas, footballer