Jump to navigation Jump to search
- January 31: Jim Londos beats Joe Savoldi in a one-fall match in Chicago. The crowd of 20.000 is one of the largest crowds to watch a wrestling match
- February 9: The Balkan Entente is established by Greece, Turkey, Romania and Yugoslavia.
- February 11: A communist - Mitsos Partsalidis - is elected mayor of a major Greek city (Kavala) for the first time in history.
- March 12: The second round of the municipal elections is held. A communist - Dionysios Menychtas - is elected mayor of Serres. There were no municipal elections held in Greece after this until April 15, 1951.
- June 6: Olympiakos defeat Iraklis 3-2 in the first playoff game for the 1934 Football Championship.
- June 17: Olympiakos clinch the 1934 Football Championship by defeating Iraklis 2-1 in their second playoff game.
- September 20: Jim Londos defeats his longtime nemesis, Ed “Strangler” Lewis, in a famous showdown before over 35,000 fans at Chicago’s Wrigley Field.
- December 19: The Athens Stock Market moves to 10 Sofokleous Street.
- December 30: The Government announces its decision to proceed with the establishment of a radio station
- February 4: Alexandros Lykourezos, noted lawyer
- February 7: Anestis Vlachos, actor
- February 24: Yiota Lydia, singer
- February 24: Christos Lambrakis, publisher
- July 1: Iakovos Patatsos EOKA guerilla fighter, born in Nicosia
- July 20: Aliki Vougiouklaki, actress
- September 5: Freddy Germanos, writer, TV presenter
- September 16: George Chakiris, Greek-American dancer and actor
- September 18: Andreas Dimitriou, EOKA fighter
- November 10: Giorgos Tsakanikas, athlete (discus throw, shot put)
- November 12: Michalis Koutsoftas, EOKA fighter
- November 14: Andreas Panagidis, EOKA fighter.
- November 18: Vasilis Vasilikos, novelist, writer, born in Thassos
- December 5: Nikos Kourkoulos, actor
- December 5: Takis Papoulidis, footballer
- December 12: Yiannis Voyiatzis, singer
- Stathis Tsanaktzis, footballer