Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1821: Kalamata is liberated two days before the Greek War of Independence is declared.
- 1906: Guerrila leader, Georgios Skalidis, is killed in a battle against Turks, near Monastir, during the Macedonian Struggle.
- 1943: Archbishop Damaskinos and several Greek business leaders formally request that measures be taken by the Logothetopoulos government for the protection of Greek Jews.
- 1945: DDT arrives in Greece to combat malaria.
- 1984: General Thrasyvoulos Tsakalotos meets Markos Vafiadis and shakes hands with him in front of TV cameras. The two men had commanded opposing sides in the Greek Civil War.