Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1449: Constantine XI arrives in Constantinople from Mystras, after being named Byzantine Emperor.
- 1910: The Battleship Georgios Averof is launched.
- 1943: Italian occupation troops execute 40 Greeks and burn most houses at Tsaritsani.
- 1947: The Truman Doctrine is announced making aid available to the Greek government.
- 1958: Fotis Pittas, Andreas Karios and two other EOKA members escape from Pyla prison.
- 1995: Lambros Papakostas, breaks the Greek indoor record in the high jump with 2.35m.
- 2006: Olympiakos sets a new record for most consecutive wins (16) in the A Division of Football with a 2-1 win over Apollon Kalamaria.
- 2020: A 66-year old man from Rio is the first person to die in Greece of COVID-19 (Corona-virus). The virus claims the lives of 13 people.