Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1826: Andreas Miaoulis defeats the Turco-Egyptian fleet at the Battle of Araxos and supplies the besieged at Messolonghi.
- 1847: King Otto berates Ottoman Ambassador, Konstantinos Mousouros, on account of the latter's refusal to grant Tsamis Karatasos permission to visit Constantinople. Diplomatic relations between Greece and the Ottoman Empire were suspended for several weeks on account of this episode.
- 1974: Archbishop Makarios III declares a 3-day mourning period, throughout Cyprus, over the death of his political opponent Georgios Grivas.
- 1968: Andreas Filotas becomes the first goalkeeper to score in an Alpha Ethniki match, slotting home a penalty in the game between Olympiakos Lefkosia and Proodeftiki (2-1).
- 2014: Kostas Nakopoulos breaks the Greek indoor record for the 800m with 1:48:64.