Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1908: Greek and Bulgarian guerrilas battle near Mt Kaymaktsalan in Macedonia.
- 1990: Greece and the US sign a new agreement concerning military bases on Greek soil.
- 1996: Cypriot parties, on both sides of the divide, condemn the assassination of Turkish-Cypriot reporter Kutlu Adali.
- 1939: Ioannis Palamiotis breaks the Greek record for the triple jump with 15.03m. This record - the first time a Greek athlete broke the 15m barrier - will stand for 17 years.
- 1940: The Olympic Swimming Complex, constructed under the initiative of the Hellenic Olympic Committee and cost 7.5 million drachmas, is inaugurated.
- 1999 Brazilian footballer Giovanni transfers to Olympiakos for 4 billion drachmas.
- 1851: Sir Arthur Evans, archaeologist
- 1876: Alexandros Papanastasiou, politician, Prime Minister
- 1978: Dimitris Grammozis, footballer