Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1637: Ecumenical Patriarch Cyril Lucaris is executed by the Ottoman authorities.
- 1913: Greek forces liberate Kavala during the Second Balkan War.
- 1929: The Agrarian Bank of Greece is founded.
- 1946: The foreign ministers of the Great Powers decide in Paris to award the Dodecanese to Greece.
- 1962: Greek-American Spyros Skouras resigns as head of 20th Century Fox.
- 1969: Michail Stasinopoulos is forced by the Junta to resign his position as President of the Council of the State. After the restoration of democracy, Stasinopoulos will serve as President of Greece.
- 2010: The Democratic Left party is founded by breakaway members of Synaspismos.
- 1962: The Greek Football Cup final between Olympiakos and Panathinaikos is abandoned on account of darkness, in the 10th minute of extra time. Following the announcement, angry spectators invade the pitch resulting in the Greek Football Federation canceling the return match. There will be no Cup winner in 1962.
- 2001: The record-breaking 4 billion drachma transfer of Michalis Konstantinou from Iraklis to Panathinaikos is finalised.
- 1942: Yiannis Poulopoulos, singer
- 1947: Vasilis Papageorgopoulos, athlete, mayor of Thessaloniki
- 1952: Stefanos Tamvakis, President of the SAE.