Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 713: Byzantine emperor Philippicus is overthrown and blinded by his own troops.
- 1908: Work starts on the Cathedral of St Andrew in Patra.
- 1916: Allied Commander-in-Chief, General Maurice Sarrail, imposes martial law in Macedonia.
- 1927: The Greek Parliament approves a new constitution for Greece.
- 1941: German occupation troops enter and destroy the village of Kandanos, Crete.
- 1980: Unidentified bombers destroy mega-stores Klaoudatos and Athene in Athens.