Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1825: Odysseus Androutsos is thrown off the Acropolis and killed by commander Yiannis Gouras. The former War of Independence hero was suspected of collaborating with the enemy.
- 1894: A boat race is organised at Pasalimani (Zea harbour), Piraeus, to benefit the local retirement home. Prince George of Greece volunteers to be the judge.
- 1907: Tellos Agras - also know as "Kapetan Agras" - is killed during the Macedonian Struggle.
- 1947: The Marshall Plan is announced to help Greece - as well as Turkey - in the struggle against Communism.
- 1954: Greece, Turkey and Yugoslavia announce a Balkan Pact for mutual self-defense.
- 1972: Greece establishes full diplomatic relations with P.R. China.
- 1994: Kostas Koukodimos breaks the Greek record for the long jump with a jump of 8.36m.
- 1996: Giorgos Donis becomes the most expensive Greek football player after signing with Blackburn for 1.1 billion drachmas. He also becomes the first Greek to play in the Premiership
- 1996: EPAE and PSAP agree on applying the new regulation concerning free trading of players from the European Union
- 1999: Voula Tsiamita sets new Greek record in triple jump with 14.94m at Bruno Zauli European Cup, held in OAKA.
- 2011: Panathinaikos win their 9th straight A1 league title after beating Olympiakos 101-94 in the 4th encounter of their championship playoff series.