Jump to navigation Jump to search
- January 5: Greek War of Independence General, Theodoros Kolokotronis, is put on trial by the revolutionary government.
- March 21: Andreas Miaoulis attacks the Turco-Egyptian fleet off the coast of Methoni destroying several ships.
- April 15: A force of 6,000 Turks under Kutahye begins the second siege of Messolonghi.
- April 26: Ibrahim Pasha routes a force of 1,500 Greeks at Sphacteria.
- May 4: The Turkish army defeats Gouras, Panourgias and Sklatsodimos and enters Salona (Amfissa).
- May 20: The Battle of Maniaki takes place, Grigoris Papaflessas is killed.
- May 22: War of Independence heroine Laskarina Bouboulina is shot dead by her in-laws.
- June 5: Odysseus Androutsos is executed by Yiannis Gouras' men at the Acropolis, Athens.
- June 10: Ibrahim Pasha enters Tripolis and burns the city to the ground.
- June 13: A Greek force under Dimitrios Ypsilantis and Ioannis Makriyiannis repels the army of Ibrahim Pasha at Myloi, Argolis.
- August 13: A Greek fleet under Konstantinos Kanaris enters Alexandria harbour and attacks the Egyptian fleet.
- November 9: Ibrahim Pasha enters Pyrgos and burns the city to the ground.
- November 12: A Greek flotilla under Andreas Miaoulis manages to break through the Turkish naval blockade and supply the besieged Greeks in Messolonghi.
- April 26: Count Annibale Santarosa, philhellene, killed in the Battle of Sphacteria.
- April 26: Anagnostaras, killed in the Battle of Sphacteria.
- May 20: Grigoris Papaflessas, killed at the Battle of Maniaki.
- May 20: Dimitrios Flessas, killed at the Battle of Maniaki.
- May 22: Laskarina Bouboulina, heroine of the Greek War of Independence.