Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1825: Egyptian general Ibrahim Pasha arrives at Mesolonghi to aid Kutahye in the second seige of the city.
- 1912: The Naval Battle of Elli, fought during the First Balkan War, concludes in victory for the Greek Navy.
- 1968: Two Palestinians attack a Boeing 707 aircraft belonging to El Al at Ellinikon International Airport. An Israeli mechanic is killed.
- 2011: In an interview given to Turkish daily "Birgun", former Turkish PM, Mesut Yilmaz, admits that in the 1990s, and under the premiership of his rival Tansu Ciller, Turkish secret services were responsible for setting several forest fires in Greece.
- 1977: Greek footballers go on strike. The Alpha Ethniki matches, however, proceed as all clubs field amateurs.
- 1977: Dimitris Saravakos makes his debut with Panionios in a match against Aegaleo. After 142 games (35 goals) he was traded to Panathinaikos in 1984.
- 1890: Konstantinos Georgakopoulos, politician and Prime Minister of Greece
- 1918: George Rallis, politician and Prime Minister of Greece