Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 325: The First Council of Nicaea commences.
- 1825: The Battle of Maniaki takes place, Grigoris Papaflessas is killed
- 1941: The Battle of Crete begins.
- 2006: Sakis Rouvas and Maria Menounos host the only Eurovision contest to be held in Athens which Finnish group "Lordi" win.
- 2008: Greece recalled all sunflower oil imported since January after a Ukrainian batch was found to be tainted with mineral oil.
- 1962: AEK score one of the greatest away wins in Alpha Ethniki history as they demolish Panelefsiniakos 8-3. Kostas Nestoridis scores four of the goals, Andreas Stamatiadis two with Aris Tsachouridis and Dimitris Zagylos contributing the other two.
- 2015: APOEL defeat AE Limassol 4-2 to lift the Cyprus Football Cup. The match was halted for 40 minutes when AEL fans threw debris on the pitch. Afterwards, the Larnaca fire department had to respond to ten calls as the same fans lit fires throughout the city.
- 2016: Emmanouil Karalis breaks the junior World pole vault record, in Ostrava, with a jump of 5.55m.
- 1768: Andreas Miaoulis, Greek admiral during the War of Independence
- 1931: George Vasiliou, Cypriot politician and President.
- 1935: Marinella, popular Greek singer
- 1967: Former Crown Prince Pavlos
- 1982: Michalis Stamatoyiannis, shot put athlete