Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 630: Second Elevation of the Holy Cross, when Emperor Heraclius entered Jerusalem amidst great rejoicing, and together with Patriarch Zacharios (609-633), transferred the Cross of Christ with great solemnity into the temple of the Resurrection.
- 1935: A fire destroys the city centre of Edessa.
- 1956: EOKA attempt to assassinate Cyprus military governor, Sir John Harding. The attempt fails as the time bomb, under the governor's bed, fails to go off.
- 1997: Miltiades Ewert resigns as head of the New Democracy Party.
- 2009: Panathinaikos defeat Italy’s Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo 3-2 sets and qualify for the final of the CEV Cup.
- 1904: Nikos Skalkotas, composer
- 1920: Manolis Chiotis, musician
- 1942: Kostas Politis, basketball player and coach
- 1986: Nikoletta Kyriakopoulou, athlete (pole vault)