Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 811: Michael I Rhangabes deposes Stauracius and becomes Byzantine emperor.
- 1912: MPs from Crete take their seats for the first time in the Hellenic Parliament.
- 1973: Nouli Giannitsopoulou wins the bronze medal in vault at the Balkan Games in Romania. It is the first Greek medal in gymnastics.
- 1994: Filmnet's first broadcast of an athletic event (Iraklis vs PAOK at Kaftantzoglio Stadium)
- 2002: AEK Athens striker Demis Nikolaidis scores against Real Madrid (3-3) in a Champions League match to become Greek top scorer in european competitions (25 goals) surpassing Dimitris Saravakos (24 goals).
- 2004: Costas Douvalidis makes the first world record for Greece, in the cadet category, with 13.22 in 110m hurdles at Petralia in Skopelos.
- 2013: In a Champions' League group stage qualifier, Olympiakos defeat Anderlecht, in Belgium, 3-0 on a Kostas Mitroglou hat trick.