Born in 1934 in Lamia and son of Alekos Livaditis, he was introduced to the wider public by the television show Oi Dikaioi (Oι Δίκαιοι - The Just). Thanos (Athanasios) Livaditis (Leivaditis) always played the "good guy" in Greek cinema, while his close professional collaboration with Mema Stathopoulou will always be remembered. Livaditis’ 20-year career was also spent in theatre stages, performing different roles of a wide variety of authors such as Lorca, Pirandello and Shakespeare, to Sophocles and Euripides.
Some of his most memorable movies include:
- Tesseris nifes ki enas gambros / Τέσσερις νύφες κι ένας γαμπρός
- Kardies stin kategida / Καρδιές στην καταιγίδα
- Gia ligi storgi / Για λίγη στοργή
- Afise me na ziso /Αφησέ με να ζήσω
- Angeloi tis Amartias / Αγγελοι της αμαρτίας
- Kathe navagio kai mia kolasi / Κάθε ναυάγιο και μια κόλαση»