The results showed that the permanent population of Greece is 10,815,197 inhabitants. This breaks down to 5,512,494 females (51%) and 5,302,703 males (49%). The overall figure is a 1.34% drop from the Census of 2001 figure of 10,934,097.
Of the general population 9,903,268 are Greek citizens; 199,101 are citizens of other European Union countries; 708,003 are citizens of countries outside the EU and 4,825 have no citizenship or are of unspecified citizenship.
The foreign citizens are:
- Albanians (52.7%)
- Bulgarians (8.3%)
- Romanians (5.1%)
- Pakistanis (3.7%)
- Georgians (3.0%)
- Ukrainians (1.9%)
- Britons (1.7%)
- Cypriots (1.6%)
- Poles (1.6%)
- 50.3% are married.
- 39.0% are single.
- 7.6% are widowed
- 3.1% are divorced
- 52.0% consist of married couples with children
- 30.2% consist of married couples without children
- 12.9% consist of single mothers with children
- 2.5% consist of single fathers with children
- 2.0% consist of cohabiting couples without children
- 0.4% consist of cohabiting couples with children
- The median age of the general population is 41.9 years.